Myrtle Grove Baptist Church
Job Opening // Apply Now
First Time Attending:
We are a church of about 500 people per weekend with a heart for God and His people! Something our church does very well is provide a warm family atmosphere to all who attend.
Our service layout is a mixture of Contemporary Worship Music as well traditional songs. We start with a few songs lead by our Worship Team, transition into a Choir piece, then end with a 30-40 minute sermon. We currently run 2 Services on Sundays and Youth on Wednesday nights.
Vision for Worship:
We desire to serve our congregation with the music that we select, but also have a heart to create an environment that young families and college students would enjoy! We currently have a full band play blended worship music consisting of modern and seasoned music, then our wonderful choir leads us in a hymn. We believe this provides a good mixture of traditional and modern so that everyone feels comfortable and can enjoy the worship experience.
MGBC Creative Arts Director
Mission: To develop a thriving worship ministry under the leadership of the Senior Pastor. Help create a Spirit lead culture of worship that draws people into an encounter with God.
- Oversee individual team leaders
- Ensure that set lists are being produced and submitted on time
- Mentor them in leading the team, and leading the congregation in corporate worship.
- Spiritually disciple them.
- Maintain relationships with the worship team members through fellowship, discipleship, regular communication, encouragement, and helping them grow in their gifting.
- Seek to empower others with responsibilities.
- Oversee the Scheduling Software to ensure music materials are available to the team on schedule.
- Organize auditions for new musicians and vocalists
- Train up new musicians & vocalists, help them integrate onto the team
- Oversee music choices with a balance of new/current music, as well as traditional hymns
- New music: Ensure new music is approved by the pastor and integrated in an orderly manner.
- Oversee special events that require worship team, ensuring a leader and team is available to cover the event.
- Develop a yearly written plan for the team that includes:
- A yearly budget
- Goals for the team leaders
- Goals for the overall team
- Training and spiritual getaways
- Ensure CCLI license reporting is done each year.
- Communicate with the Sr Pastor regularly regarding the health and direction of the MGBC Worship Team.
- Partner with the Sound/Media Team Director to ensure quality of sound and excellence in production
- Oversee maintenance and equipment purchases of musical equipment
- Raise up and oversee a Youth Worship Leader
- Proficient with their main instrument and a basic understanding of all the instruments within the worship team
- Basic understanding of Ableton Live – Able to transition the team to running Loops and Click during worship on Sundays
- Familiar with Pro-Presenter and basic understanding of Sound/AV
- Confident vocalist that can lead the congregation in worship
- Confident leader who can oversee people and other leaders
- Ability to tie scripture to songs for the purpose of shepherding the congregation
Weekly Time Allocation:
Sunday Service – 4 hours
Goal/Vision Casting – 2 hours
Personal Development – 2 hours
Weekly Team Leader Meeting – 1 hour
Weekly Rehearsal/Sound Check – 4 hours
Weekly Meetings – 2 hours
Planning & Preparation – 4 hours
Total – 20 hours